Charity Acclamation Award
Nominations are now open for the first annual Charity Acclamation awards – to give a charity close to your heart and community some appreciation.
Have you been overwhelmed by the support you’ve received from a charity? Have they helped you or a loved one in a truly meaningful way, and you wish you could give something back to them? Well here’s your opportunity!
The Charity Acclamation Award aims to reward small, grassroots charities not only with appreciation, but with a cash prize towards their cause – and all you have to do is throw their name in the hat and share why you’re nominating them.
There are three prizes available:
1st prize: £3,000
2nd prize: £1,000
3rd prize: £500
Each prize is awarded based on a community vote, meaning the work your chosen charity did supporting you, a loved one or your community could be recognised nationwide too – a fantastic opportunity for smaller charities.
To nominate your charity, complete the form below and share any personal experience you have with that charity, whether that’s through direct support, or recognition of their contribution to your local community.
Our panel of judges will then choose a shortlist and you’ll have a chance to vote for them to make sure they come out on top.
Managing Director of claims.co.uk and Chair of Judges, John Quail said: “For years, we’ve seen the fantastic work that grassroots charities do, and we want to give back. Nobody knows how great these charities are quite like those who have directly received support from them – and that’s why we need help choosing!”
Things to consider in your nomination:
- How did they change yours, your loved one’s or your community’s life?
- How do you think the money would help them?
- If you could say one thing to the charity, what would it be?
Fill in the entry form below to nominate your chosen charity, using as much detail as possible to help their chances of being selected. Entries close on the 25th March 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 and over.
- Proof of charity registration will be required before monies will be released to winning charities in first, second and third place.
- All nominated parties must be registered as a charity in the UK.
- This competition is NOT open to employees of Claims.co.uk, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. The Marketing Director’s decision as to the eligibility of non-Claims.co.uk parties will be final.
- The nominated charity may be asked to provide proof of eligibility at any stage during this competition.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Offensive, incomplete, incomprehensible or incorrectly completed entries will not be counted.
- Claims.co.uk do not accept responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- All entries will be given careful consideration and must be written in English.
- A shortlist will be published in advance of the announcement of the winner.
- By entering the competition, you grant to Claims.co.uk, its agents, and others working under its authority, full and free use of any information regarding your nomination during the competition process. You agree that we may publish and share your name, age, location, your submitted nomination, details of your nomination and information related to your entry. You will retain ownership of copyright in your entry but you give Claims.co.uk (and any third party authorised by Claims.co.uk) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store and sub-licence your entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the competition.
- Entrants agree to take part in promotional activity if entry is shortlisted and agree that images or quotations may be used for news, research and/or educational purposes in any medium including but not limited to printed publications, displays, on television or on the Claims.co.uk website intranet or social media properties.
Prize & Delivery
- The winning entry will be published online at www.claims.co.uk/charity-acclamation-award.
- We award cash prizes in the form of a cheque in the name of the prize-winner.
- The prizes are not transferable and non-exchangeable.
- Claims.co.uk reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the competition at any given time. In the event that we do amend the rules, we will publish them and it is the sole duty of any entrant to keep themselves up to date with any changes.
- Claims.co.uk reserves the right to end this promotion at any time, and without notice.
- If there is any disagreement over the rules, conduct or decision made by Claims.co.uk, we want to make it clear that our decision is final. We will not enter any discussion with entrants who disagree with the rules or the winner chosen by Claims.co.uk.
- By entering this competition, you agree that you will be legally bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms & Conditions shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.